To save time, I arranged as I recorded, and I didn’t bother with any notation. The arrangement is pretty simple this time – simple solo first verse, duet with a drone for second, and fairly standard four-part third with a brief tag and pickerdy third at the end.
I began with the solo line for the first two verses. Then I recorded and looped the oohs over verse two, followed by the second verse duet harmony. Then I recorded the third verse, beginning with soprano, then bass, then alto and tenor. I usually record the inner voices last because they anchor themselves on the soprano and bass notes.
I was not pleased with the stock Audacity reverb plugins, so I installed and applied Freeverb. I wanted to apply some chorus effects during verse 3, but I wasn’t satisfied with the sound I got from the plugins I tried. If any of you have a recommendation, I would love to hear it.
For a two-hour project, I thought the results were decent. Obviously not studio-quality. Hopefully Santa will bring me a Blue Spark Digital microphone for next year. 🙂